Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I AM WCACYM!

Happy Summer everyone! I sit here in class on a rainy july morning at Summer Sem in Saskatoon SK! I cannot say how blessed and affirming it is to have the opportunity to hang out with some of my very favorite youth ministers to refresh, learn, and to brainstorm my upcoming youth ministry year.

It makes me realize I'm not the only weird one! That everyone else is on the same wave length!

Youth Minsistry is really a business. It's a business in which we as ministers help to lead youth, as well, as lead others to Jesus through our example. Even if it means just sitting with students for a coffee. Building relationships before preaching is crucial to help them feel open to God.

However, sometimes I try too hard to organize too many events and activities and I get overwhelmed.  I have learned this week, that Ministry is not my own!! It's everyone's responsibility, and I'm just the coordinator that helps to develop it and make it happen.

There will be many changes in my program this coming year at Notre Dame. I want to develop a LifeTeen Night for highschool students only. I'm super pumped! I ask for your prayers on this!

So as I sit at Summer Sem, my brain is going crazy with ideas and excitement for my students. 

If you are a youth minister, and you're struggling with your ministry always remember that Growth happens when we're uncomfortable, and we must learn to lead by learning to follow.  Be a servant leader! Servant leaders can risk serving others because they trust that God is in control of their lives.

I cannot say how amazing Summer Sem is, and if you're wondering-WCACYM stands for Western Canadian Association of Catholic Youth Ministers! What a blessed organization! It's good to be here!
I Am WCACYM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment