Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure Month!! Part 1

I know it's been a while since I last wrote, and as I sit here writing, I'm thinking...man! I should be in bed! haha!
Do you remember those books-choose your own adventure? And you read the book, and come to a spot where you have to choose between three possible scenarios and you pick one, and sometimes it makes your story end right away? This month reminds of such a story!

As I learn about youth ministry in the school system and explore the possibilities of new ideas and ventures, I am faced with many scenarios. For instance-Parent Appreciation night! This event-which I think will be fabulous, may flop because only 1 student told her parents, and it's in a week and a half.
I have a coffee house scheduled for next friday.....any entertainment scheduled?...no...not that I'm worried..it will come together, but you never know what's going to happen next.

Last night-XLT adoration was amazing!! There were students that attended that I never would have expected to step into church! It was awesome! Our Tim Horton's coffee visit after proved to be quite entertaining when all of us saw someone that looked like Nick Jonas off of the Disney Channel, and we started singing Jonas Brothers Songs. You know, that coffee time after an event, I think is essential in youth ministry-that's where you build relationships, and break down walls. I cherish those memories.

I'm excited to be working more at the Outreach School in Red Deer, and I have to say, that place is always an adventure, cause you never know who's going to be there. This week is appetizer week! See? An adventure..food! And people!! Woot!

Theology of the Body for Teens is a session I run after school on Wednesdays, and the number of students attending is amazing, and continues to grow. I love the fact that students are interested in knowing the truth behind love, sex, and marriage. I truely believe this is a group that could change the culture of the school.

Well, my next scenario in the choose your own adventure book is to go to bed! I know what you're thinking..."What? but that ends the story." You're right! Good night everyone! God Bless, and always remember that the adventure you choose can affect someone's life and bring them closer to God. Plant the seed-and someone else will help it to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment